Fans to be allowed at CAF Super Cup in DohaElite
The Local Organising Committee (LOC) for the Total CAF Super Cup 2020-21 has announced that the 29th edition of the match will be held with fans present.
The match which pits TOTAL CAF Champions League winners Al Ahly SC, of Egypt, and Moroccan team RS Berkane, who won the TOTAL CAF Confederations Cup together, will take place at Jassim Bin Hamad Stadium on Friday, May 28. The kick off is set for 7pm.
In line with measures implemented by Qatar’s Ministry of Public Health (MOPH), the stadium’s capacity will be limited to 30% in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Only fully vaccinated people and those who contracted COVID-19 in the last nine months will be permitted to attend the match.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of everyone in attendance, the LOC and MOPH have implemented several measures:
• Only fans aged 12 and above who have received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine or those that have been infected by the virus during the preceding nine months will be permitted to attend the match
• All spectators and organisers must adhere to the preventative measures outlined by the MOPH
• No food or beverages may be served or taken into the stands by spectators
• Spectators will not be permitted to gather at any point, inside or outside the stadium, particularly at entrances
• Spectators must adhere to social distancing guidelines and wear masks at all times
This is the third year in a row that Doha has hosted the TOTAL CAF Super Cup as part of a collaboration between the Qatar Football Association and the Confederation of African Football (CAF).
The previous two editions were won by Egyptian team Zamalek SC and Moroccan side Raja Casablanca. The runners-up on both occasions were Tunisian side Espérance Sportive de Tunis.
Al Ahly are the TOTAL CAF Super Cup record holders having claimed the title six times, the latest of which came in 2014 when they beat Tunisian side CS Sfaxien. Berkane, meanwhile, are appearing in their first Super Cup.
Al Ahly qualified for the Super Cup after defeating Zamalek in the Champions League final, while Berkane defeated Pyramids FC in the Confederations Cup.